Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Ltd is a registered company under the Companies Act, 1956 was incorporated on 28-7-1999 and is a company wholly owned by the Government of Karnataka with an authorised share capital of Rs. 1000 crores. KPTCL was formed on 1-8-1999 by carving out the Transmission and Distribution functions of the erstwhile Karnataka Electricity Board. Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Ltd is mainly vested with the functions of Transmission and Distribution of power in the entire State of Karnataka. It operates under a license issued by Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission. KPTCL Unbundled: Government vide order No. 69 BSR 2001 Bangalore, dated 15/02/2002 has unbundled KPTCL and formed four distribution companies. Consequent to this the function of distribution of power has been totally separated from KPTCL. KPTCL is now vested with the responsibility of transmitting power all over the State and construction and maintenance of Stations and lines of 66KV and above. KPTCL will purchase power from various power producers and sell it to the distribution companies. The four newly formed independent distribution companies, which were registered on 30/04/2002, are Bangalore Electricity Supply Company, Mangalore Electricity Supply Company, Hubli Electricity Supply Company and Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company. They have started functioning w.e.f.. 01/06/2002. These companies are incharge of distribution of power within their jurisdiction.
This Company was incorporated on 15th September, 2003 with certificate of business w.e.f. 15th October, 2003.
Commercial operation of company is started on 1st April 2005. PGVCL is feeding electricity in 8 district of Gujarat namely Rajkot, Jamnagar,
Junagadh, Porbandar, Bhuj, Bhavnagar, Surendranagar and Amreli covering total 83 Talukas. For better administration and consumers conveniences, administrative area of company is divided in to total 11 and out of which 6 circles are under direct control of Corporate Office
and 4 circles are under the control of Bhavnagar Zonal Office and 1 circle under the control of Bhuj Zonal Office.
The duties of the Company have been defined in Section 18 of the Electricity Supply Act, 1948. It has been charged with the responsibility of promoting a co-ordinated development of generation, supply and distribution of electricity in the State of Bihar on an efficient and economic basis of management.
North Eastern Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Ltd (NESCO) was incorporated in the year 1997 under the Companies Act, 1956. It has taken over the Business of distribution and retail supply of electricity in the North Eastern Zone of the Orissa of GRIDCO, comprising the Districts of Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Keonjhar, Jajpur, and Bhadrak.
HP Power Transmission Corporation Limited (HPPTCL) was established on 27, August, 2008 with Chief Secretary, Government of Himachal Pradesh as its Chairperson. It has been entrusted the work of formulation/updating and Execution of Transmission Master Plan of the State for strengthening of Transmission Network and Evacuation of Power from upcoming HEPs. At the time of inception, it was decided to have mainly four functional wings viz. Administration, Finance, Planning, Contracts and Projects. Among its major entrusted projects the Intra-State Transmission Master Plan for evacuation of Power and Load Growth (to be implemented by 2013-14) has been budgeted as worth Rs. 4667 Crore.
The Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was restructured as per G.O.114 dated 08-10-2008 by establishing a holding company with the name TNEB Ltd and two subsidiary companies namely Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation Ltd (TANTRANSCO) and Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO) as per the mandatory requirements of the Electricity Act 2003. Accordingly, the Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation Ltd. (TANTRANSCO), was registered as approved by the Govt. vide G.O.38 dated 21-05-2009 under the Companies Act, 1956 and was incorporated on 15-06-2009. TANTRANSCO became a company wholly owned by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu and started functioning from 14-12-2009. By the Transfer Scheme vide G.O.(Ms).No.100 Dated:19.10.2010, all related Assets and Liabilities are transferred to and re-vested by the State Government in the TANTRANSCO on and from 01-11-2010.
On 1st July 1957, Tamil Nadu Electricity Board came into being and has remained the energy provider and distributor all these years. After 53 years of journey the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board was restructured as per G.O.114 dated 08.10.2008 by establishing a holding company with the name TNEB Ltd and two subsidiary companies namely Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation Ltd., (TANTRANSCO) and Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd., (TANGEDCO) as per the mandatory requirements of the Electricity Act 2003. Accordingly TNEB Ltd., was formed on 01.11.2010.