Web Exclusive | March 2017
CIBIL MSME Rank at a glance
- CMR is a credit risk rank for MSMEs that predicts the probability of an MSME becoming NPA in the next 12 months.
- TransUnion CIBIL has considered all the requirements of a Basel compliant model while developing CMR.
- CMR is applicable to MSMEs with aggregate commercial borrowings between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 10 crore.
- CMR is trained on over seven years of through-the-cycle (TTC) credit history data.
- CMR is calculated based on 24 months of the MSME’s credit history on the bureau.
- CMR range: CMR1 to CMR10; CMR1 denoting the lowest credit risk and probability of NPA and CMR10 denoting highest risk and probability of NPA.
- Currently around 2.1 million MSMEs are eligible to be ranked on CMR.
- Benefits of CMR for banks and credit institutions:
- Objective lending decisions for MSME lending,
- Faster underwriting process by deciding a threshold investment rank,
- Standardize the risk management process,
- Build and implement effective business and risk strategies,
- Provide risk-based pricing for MSME loans.