As the cement industry goes through the current overcapacity cycle, the players came in good numbers to felicitate their colleagues and peers on the occasion.
The second edition of Indian Cement Review Awards 2016 was graced by Pratap Padode, Editor-in-Chief and Managing Director, ASAPP Media Info Global Group; Roshan Wadhera, Chief Advisor, Cement Expo; Sumit Banerjee, Chairman Editorial Advisory Board, Indian Cement Review; Ravneet Kaur, Joint Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP); Mahendra Singhi, Group CEO, Dalmia Bharat; and KK Taparia, Advisor, Binani Cement, who began by lighting the lamp on the occasion.
On the occasion of the award ceremony, the 30th Anniversary Edition of Indian Cement Review Magazine was unveiled by the Chief Guest, Ravneet Kaur. The 30th Anniversary Issue of Indian Cement Review is titled as ´´Staying ahead in the game´´ and it focuses on logistics, energy efficiency, process control, alternate materials et al. The speakers on the occasion were Pratap Padode, Roshan Wadhera, Ravneet Kaur and Mahendra Singhi.
- The Indian Cement Review trophy for the ´Second Fastest Growing Company in Small Category´ was given to NCL Industries. K Ravi, Managing Director, NCL Industries accepted the award.
- The next award was presented to M Krishnam Raju, Senior VP Marketing, Deccan Cement for the ´Fastest Growing Company in Small Category´.
The Medium Category Awards
- The Indian Cement Review trophy for the ´Third Fastest Growing Company in Medium Category´ was given to JK Lakshmi Cement and G. Ingale and Milind Joshi, Dy. General Manager, JK Lakshmi Cement received the award.
- Ashwani Sharma, President and CEO-Uflex Ltd presented The Indian Cement Review trophy for ´Second Fastest Growing Company in Medium Category´, which was given to JK Cement and it was presented to Madhavkrishna Singhania, Special Executive and Rajnish Kapur, Business Head, Grey Cement, JK Cement.
- The Indian Cement Review trophy for ´Fastest Growing Company in the Medium Category´ was given to OCL India. Mahendra Singhi, Group CEO, Dalmia Bharat and Amandeep Gupta, Director and CEO-Cement, OCL received the award.
The Large Category Awards
- The Indian Cement Review trophy for the ´Third Fastest Growing Company in Large Category´, was given to Century Cement and RS Doshi, Sr Executive President (Commercial), Century Cement received the award.
- Ashwani Sharma, President and CEO-Uflex Ltd presented award to Dalmia Bharat for ´Fastest Growing Company in Large Category´. Mahendra Singhi, Group CEO, Dalmia Bharat RA Krishnakumar, Executive Director, Dalmia Bharat received the award.
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- The ´Lifetime Achievement Award´ was given to MH Dalmia, President, OCL and Ravneet Kaur gave away the prestigious award.
- The next ´Lifetime Achievement Award´ was given to Umesh Shrivastava, Executive Chairman, Holtec Consulting and Pratap Kumar Ghosh, Initiator, ERCOM presented him the award.
- Madhavkrishna Singhania, Special Executive, JK Cement received an award on behalf of Yadupati Singhania, Director/Partner, JK Cement.
- PB Gopalkrishna, President (Manufacturing), Ramco Cement received an award on behalf of PR Ramasubrahmaneya Rajha, Chairman, Ramco Group.
The awards ended by a note on vote of thanks and group photo of all the winners with their trophies.