Cover Story | August 2014
Power 20:20 | RVPNL
Transmission companies that laid the most network last year (State transco) : Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd (RVPNL)
Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Limited (RVPN) has been established on 19 July, 2000 by the Government of Rajasthan under the provisions of the Rajasthan Power Sector Reforms Act, 1999, as the successor company of RSEB. The RERC has granted RVPN a license for transmission and bulk supply in the State.
Key Success Factors
- RVPN provides the pathway for power within whole of Rajasthan. RVPN owns, builds, maintains and operates the high-voltage electric transmission system that helps to keep the lights on, businesses running and communities strong. RVPN also owns the shared generating projects as representative of erstwhile RSEB.
- Their customers include electricity generators, distribution companies and open access consumers who count on RVPN to deliver power from the location of generation to inter-phase point of discoms enabling them to supply where it's needed in the homes and businesses they serve.
- RVPN´s aim is to provide reliable electric transmission service to customers, as a public utility whose infrastructure serves as the link in transporting electricity to millions of electricity users.
- On obtaining ISO 9001:2008 certificate, RVPN has become one of the few Power Utilities owned by State/Central Govt., who have been awarded this Certification. RVPN has implemented this certification throughout Rajasthan in one stroke.
- RVPN is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
- RVPN's Meter Testing Laboratories at Jaipur and Udaipur are ISO/IEC 17025:2005 certified.
- Intra-State transmission of electricity through intra-State transmission system.
- New creation of EHV lines and grid sub-stations of 765 kV/400 kV/220 kV/132 kV rating including their maintenance and augmentations.
- Planning and co-ordination relating to intra-State transmission with all concerned agencies such as CTU, State Government, generating companies, licensees, regional Power Committees, etc.
- Ensuring development of an efficient, co-ordinated and economical system of intra-State transmission of electricity from generating stations to Load Centres.
- Non-discriminatory open access to its transmission system on payment of transmission charges.
- Complying with the directions of RLDC and SLDC, operating SLDC until any other authority is established by the State Government.
|Parameter ||Details |
||Rajasthan Rajya |
||State Government |
||Jaipur, Rajasthan |
||Rs. 2,596 cr |
||Rs. 41.2 cr |
|Current Capacity (MW) |
|Transformation Capacity (MVA) |
||132 kV |
|Length (KM) |
||132 kV |
|Key financial parameters ||FY 2012-13 ||FY 2011-1123 |
||Rs. 2,596 cr
||Rs. 2,113 cr |
||Rs. 2,552 cr
||Rs. 2,105 cr |
||Rs. 253 cr
||Rs. 181 cr |
||Rs. 302 cr
||Rs. 258 cr |
||Rs. 41.2 cr
||Rs. 35 cr |
||Rs. 3.52 |
Advertise Here [300 W x 250 H pixels]
17 Oct 2016
I wish to start pvc / pp electric wire unit in Delhi. What kind of information I can get if I subscribe for your magazine
Sarfaraj Bilakhiya Says:
20 Sep 2016
Pls invite me all auction in gujarat
20 Jun 2016
we are doing business developing for solar power ,thermal power , customer supporting and we have 45 mw splar power on hand needs investors.....
pls call +910842559230