Mangalore Electricity Supply Company Ltd (MESCOM) was incorporated in June, 2002 after the unbundling of Karnataka Power Transmission Corporation Ltd (KPTCL). Following the reforms in transmission and distribution activities in Karnataka, KPTCL was unbundled into four distribution companies and MESCOM was one of those four companies. In June 2005, another company CESCO was carved out of MESCOM to manage distribution functions.
UP Power Transmission Corporation Ltd, incorporated under the Companies Act 1956, was incorporated in 2006 with the main objective to acquire, establish, construct, take over, erect, lay, operate, run, manage, hire, lease, buy, sell, maintain, enlarge, alter, renovate, modernize, work and use electrical transmission lines and/or network through extra high voltage, high voltage and associated substations, cables, wires, connected with transmission ancillary services, telecommunication and telemetering equipment in the State of U.P. and elsewhere.
North Delhi Power Ltd (NDPL) is a joint venture between Tata Power Company and the Government of NCT of Delhi with the majority stake being held by Tata Power. NDPL is recently renamed as Tata Power Delhi Distribution Ltd. It distributes electricity in North and North West parts of Delhi and serves a populace of 50 lakh. The company started operations on July 1, 2002 post the unbundling of erstwhile Delhi Vidyut Board. With a registered consumer base of around 12 lakh and a peak load of around 1350 MW, the companys operations span across an area of 510 sq km. NDPL has been the frontrunner in implementing power distribution reforms in the capital city and is acknowledged for its consumer friendly practices.
Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Ltd is one of the pioneer power distribution utilities in India in the electricity industry. Incorporated
under the companies Act, 1956 in Sept-2003 as a result of unbundling of erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board pursuant to power sector reforms
initiated by the central and state governments, the company became commercially operational since April-2005. The company is a whollyowned
subsidiary of Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (A Govt. of Gujarat Undertaking).
The company was incorporated in the year 1997 under the Companies Act,1956 as a Public Limited Company. The Company started functioning with effect from 26-11-1998, under the distribution and retail supply license of GRIDCO, after notification in the official gazette by the Govt. of Odisha. SOUTHCO received the Distribution and Retail Supply license from Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC).
Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation Ltd (GETCO) was set up in May 1999 and is registered under the Companies Act, 1956. The Company was promoted by erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB) as its wholly owned subsidiary in the context of liberalization and as a part of efforts towards restructuring of the Power Sector.
Generation of electricity in Delhi started with a 2 MW diesel set in 1903. After independence Rajghat Power House A was installed in 1951 with 5 MW capacity. Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking (DESU) came into existence In 1958 and two Units of 9.6 MW capacity each were installed as Rajghat Power House B. In the second five year plan, three diesel generating sets totaling 20 MW were installed at different locations in Delhi. As a first major step towards making Delhi self sufficient in power, first unit of 36.6 MW was installed in 1963 at Indraprastha Power Station. A 15 mw unit was installed at Rajghat in 1966 followed by three units of 67.5MW each in 1967-68 at Indraprastha Power Station. Delhi Electric Supply Undertaking was restructured and Delhi Vidyut Board was formed in 1997.