Cover Story | August 2013
Power 20:20 | Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation
The Gujarat Energy Transmission Corporation Limited (GETCO) is an electrical power transmission company in the state of Gujarat, India. It was set up in May 1999. The company was promoted by the erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board (GEB) as it's wholly owned-subsidiary in the context of liberalization and as a part of efforts towards restructuring of the power sector. The company is now a subsidiary of Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam, the successor company to the GEB.
Along with GETCO, Gujarat now has a generation company and four distribution companies, GETCO carries energy to all the 4 distribution companies in the State. GETCO plans to have 16,000 Ckt Km laying of transmission lines by the end of year 2015-16.
- GETCO added 1357 ckt. Km. of transmission lines in FY 2012-13. The transmission capacity of GETCO system by the end of March 2012 was 56,592 MVA against transmission capacity of 51,645 MVA in the year 2010-11.
- The Share Capital of the Company has been increased from Rs 494 Crores to Rs 511 Crores in March 2012 by allotting 1.6 crore shares.
- The company has executed Transmission Service Agreement (TSA) amongst the Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd. (GUVNL), Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Ltd (GSECL) and Four Distribution Companies namely, Uttar Gujarat Vij Company Ltd. ( UGVCL) , Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Ltd ( MGVCL , Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Ltd. ( DGVCL) and Paschim Gujarat Vij Company Ltd. (PGVCL) for tariff.
- GETCO is ISO 9001- 2008 Certified Company
- The Turnover of the company has increased in the year 2011-2 by 25% from Rs 1430 crore to Rs 1,777 crore.
- The net profit after tax is increased by 18.44% to Rs 249 crore in 2011-12 from Rs 210 crore in 2010
- The gross asset base of the company has been enhanced to Rs 9,544 crore in 2011-12 from Rs 8,116 crore in 2010-11.