Power Today |
 
Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]
World News | February 2011

Riversdale, Tata to own Mozambique power plant

Riversdale Mining and joint venture partner Tata Steel have reached an agreement allowing them to fully own the $1 billion Benga power plant project in Mozambique.

The coal-powered plant, with initial production seen by 2013-2014, is expected to produce 500-600 MW in its first phase and 2,000 MW in later development. Australia-listed Riversdale said it would own 65 per cent of the plant and India's Tata the remaining 35 per cent after their joint venture agreed to buy a 50 per cent option in the facility from Elgas SARL for an undisclosed sum.

The parties have agreed that the Benga Joint Venture has the resources and is best placed to accelerate development of the (power plant). Coal for the power plant will be supplied from the Benga Coal Project, currently under development and expected to produce its first coal in the third quarter of this year.
Post your comment
Name:  
Email:    
Comments:  
Verification Code:   Change Image

 

Posted Comment
1 .     Yogesh Says:
17 Oct 2016
I wish to start pvc / pp electric wire unit in Delhi. What kind of information I can get if I subscribe for your magazine

2 .     Sarfaraj Bilakhiya Says:
20 Sep 2016
Pls invite me all auction in gujarat

3 .     k.natarajan Says:
20 Jun 2016
we are doing business developing for solar power ,thermal power , customer supporting and we have 45 mw splar power on hand needs investors..... thanks lot pls call +910842559230 +919842753550


Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]