Middle East Electricity 2014 | A hub for energy professionals
Middle East Electricity 2014 was back with a bigger aim to bring together professionals from the energy industry. The event, which was held between 11-13 February 2014 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, is the largest meeting place for energy industry professionals from over 100 countries worldwide. New technologies was showcased as more than 1,000 international exhibitors took part at the event. Awards were given out to individuals, teams and organisations that showed outstanding achievements in the growth of the electricity industry.
MEE 2014 is said to be the world's largest energy event focusing on the power, lighting, renewable and nuclear sectors. Held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai, the 3-day event hosted a popular Middle East Electricity Awards. The Middle East Electricity awards covered eleven individual categories:
- Power Project of the Year awarded to Altaaqa Global Cat Rental Power for Yemen Power Plant
- Lighting Project of the Year awarded to Abu Dhabi Department of Transport and Parsons for Ras Al Akhdar Bainoonah street lighting
- Solar Project of the Year awarded to First Solar for Phase 1, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park
- Best Innovation of Technology of the Year awarded to OMICRON Electronics Middle East for VOTANO 100
- Power and Water Utility of the Year awarded to Q Power Q.S.C
- HSE Project or Initiative of the Year awarded to Abu Dhabi Distribution Company for Low Voltage Switchgear Committee
- Young Engineer of the Year awarded to Ahmad Matar Khalifa Alsuwaidi, Dubai Aluminum (DUBAL)
- Best Marketing Campaign Award (exhibitor award) to Al Fanar
- Best Product Launch at Middle East Electricity 2014 (exhibitor award) to EuroSMC
- Power Personality of the Year (special award) to HE Abdulla Saif Al Nuaimi, Advisor, ADWEA
- Green Champion of the Year (special award) to HE Hussain Nasser Lootah, Director General, Dubai Municipality
MEE is supported by the Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA), the Dubai Municipality, the Emirates Green Building Council, the Society of EngineersùUAE, Environmental Center for Arab Towns, the Clean Energy Business Council and the Energy Institute Middle East. The event is partnered with Power Nigeria in Lagos and Africa Electricity in Johannesburg.