Minister of state for Coal Pratik Prakash Bapu Patil informed Rajya Sabha that endeavour is being made to raise coal output through new projects in PSU coal companies and development of captive blocks allotted to both private and PSUs companies.
He said that for increasing the production in underground mines, the following steps have been taken:
- All new underground mines with suitable geo-mining conditions are planned with high degree of mechanization;
- Large scale introduction of mass production technologies like longwall or shortwall mining technology, continuous mining technology etc.
- Non-mechanized existing mines are being converted to mechanized mines through adoption of SDL/LHD/Continuous miners and mechanized drilling and roof bolting;
- In each subsidiary producing coal through UG operation, high capacity UG mines are to be designed with state of the art technology, facilities of electronic monitoring, control system and facilities comparable to the best available in the world;
- Scientific strata and environmentmonitoring;
- Faster development of infrastructure for UG mines – Mechanized shaft and inclinedrivages; high speed skips, conveyors etc.