Isgec Heavy Engineering Limited, a global leader in the field of Energy, catering to the Power Industry and Cogeneration for a variety of Steam Generators on package route / turnkey basis, organised conferences at multiple locations in India, showcasing the technological advancement in the field of Pulverised Coal (PC) Fired Boilers and Circulating Fluidised Bed Combustion (CFBC) Boilers.
Isgec enjoys a long term association with Foster Wheeler, USA, for over 18 years and currently has strategic partnerships for CFBC Boilers, Packaged Oil & Gas Fired Boilers and Pulverised Coal Fired Boilers (for unit sizes up to 1000 MWe for subcritical and supercritical pressures).
The event titled ´Conference on Foster Wheeler PC & CFB Technology´ was conducted at Hyatt Regency, New Delhi on 29th October, The Marriott Hotel, Hyderabad on 30th October, Le Royal Meridien, Chennai on 31st October, The Park, Kolkata on 3rd November and The Orchid, Mumbai on 4th November, 2014.
As a key note speaker, James J. Utt, Vice President of Global Power Group, Foster Wheeler shared the experience, technological superiority and value proposition of Foster Wheeler´s Pulverised Coal (PC) and Circulating Fluidised Bed Combustion (CFBC) Boilers. He also highlighted the significant design features of the 180 MWe PC Fired Boiler supplied by Isgec to OPG Power Generation Pvt. Ltd., which is under advanced stage of commissioning at Gummidipoondi, near Chennai.
The conferences received overwhelming response with the presence of representatives from many prominent Industrial houses such as Reliance, Ultratech, Jindal Power, Toshiba, EIL, Neyveli Lignite Corporation, ACC-Ambuja, OPG Power, JSW, CESC, Emami, IOCL, BPCL, as well as consultants such as Engineers India Ltd., DCPL, TCE Fitchner, Aquatherm, Avant Garde etc.
Aditya Puri, Managing Director of Isgec Heavy Engineering Limited was personally present at the conferences at Delhi & Chennai, for welcoming the esteemed guests. He shared his vision of foreseeing Isgec as India´s leading contributor in the power sector with the association of Foster Wheeler. To meet this, he highlighted that there are plans to enhance the manufacturing & engineering capabilities.
Isgec Heavy Engineering Ltd. is a multi-product, multi-location public company that has been providing engineering solutions to customers located in 84 countries across 6 continents for the past 80 years. Isgec has already executed 125 Sugar Plants, 625 Boilers and 30 Power Plants across the globe and is ranked 288 in the ET 500 listing, and 329 in the Fortune India 500 listing. Driven by its motto - ´Engineering for Excellence´, Isgec loves the challenge of providing state-of-the-art, sustainable, sensible solutions to its vast and ever growing list of customers who have regularly placed repeat orders with Isgec.
In a constant endeavour to improve its offerings to customers and keeping pace with the latest technologies and processes, Isgec has an array of successful technology tie-ups with the best of companies from around the world. These strategic agreements include:
- ABB Lummus Heat Transfer, USA: Technology License Agreement for Helix Heat Exchangers
- Belleli, Italy: Technology Agreement for manufacture of Breech Lock Heat Exchangers
- Bosch Projects, South Africa: Technology Transfer for Chainless Cane Diffusers
- Envirotherm GmbH, Germany: License & Cooperation Agreement for Design,
- Engineering, Manufacturing and Commissioning of ESPs upto 1000 MW
- Foster Wheeler, Spain: Licensing Agreement for HP & LP Feedwater Heaters & Condensers
- Foster Wheeler, USA: License Agreement for PC Fired Boilers upto 1000 MW
- Foster Wheeler, USA: Collaboration Agreement for CFBC Boilers upto 99.99 MWe and Oil & Gas Fired Package Boiler upto 260 TPH
- Hitachi Zosen Corp., Japan: Technology Transfer Agreement for Chrome-Moly Vanadium Reactors
- Hitachi Zosen Corp., Japan: Agreement for Critical Heat Exchangers for Fertilizer industry
- Hitachi Zosen Corp., Japan: Collaboration agreement for setting up Energy From Waste Power Plants, utilizing Municipal Solid Waste as fuel, on EPC basis
- NEM Energy B. V., Netherlands: License Agreement for Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs)
Isgec also has a majority stake in Isgec Hitachi Zosen Ltd., a joint venture with Hitachi Zosen Corp. of Japan. It has been set up to cater to the specialized & critical Process Equipment requirements of refineries, fertiliser & petrochemical industries, across the world.
Primary Media Contact:
N. R. Shastry