Power Today |
 
Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]
News Brief | July 2011

Karcham Wangtoo plant to be commissioned by August 15

The Karcham Wangtoo hydroelectric project, located about 200 km from Shimla (Himachal Pradesh), is India's largest hydropower project in the private sector and may be commissioned ahead of schedule by mid-August this year. Earlier, the project was projected to be commissioned by November 2011. It has been made by the Jaypee Karcham hydro corporation and is a subsidiary of the Rs 20,000 crore Jaypee Group.

The four 250 MW turbines made by Vienna-headquartered Andritz Hydro Company, have the potential to generate 306 MW of peak power. It cost the promoter, Jaiprakash Associates group, Rs 6,903 crore to set up the plant for which civil construction work started in 2006. Delays in getting techno-economic, forest and environment clearances increased the cost from initial estimates by Rs 994 crore. Earlier, the project was estimated at Rs 5,905 crore. The starting generation cost is expected to hover around Rs 3.35 per unit and the mega plant in a dependable year is targeted to generate 4,368 million units of power. About 80 per cent of the power generated is to be sold to Punjab, Haryana, UP and Rajasthan and the remaining 20 per cent is merchant power that will be sold on spot charges basis.
Post your comment
Name:  
Email:    
Comments:  
Verification Code:   Change Image

 

Posted Comment
1 .     Yogesh Says:
17 Oct 2016
I wish to start pvc / pp electric wire unit in Delhi. What kind of information I can get if I subscribe for your magazine

2 .     Sarfaraj Bilakhiya Says:
20 Sep 2016
Pls invite me all auction in gujarat

3 .     k.natarajan Says:
20 Jun 2016
we are doing business developing for solar power ,thermal power , customer supporting and we have 45 mw splar power on hand needs investors..... thanks lot pls call +910842559230 +919842753550


Advertise Here [728 W x 90 H pixels]