Dr Pronab Sen presents awards to construction industry leaders
Top Construction Companies including L&T Tata Projects, Reliance Infrastructure, Punj Lloyd, JCB, Gujarat Apollo, McNally Bharat, SAIL, NBCC, Ramky, Soma, Supreme Infrastructure, bag awards at the 10th Construction World Global Awards 2012 held in New Delhi on September 12th
"Ten years ago one would have never imagined that a construction award function could have such a turnout", said Dr. Pronab Sen, Principal Advisor, Planning Commission, Government of India, while addressing as guest of honour at the 10th Construction World Global Awards 2012, which was attended by 250 top corporate practitioners.
The annual award event, organized by Construction World, India's largest circulated construction magazine, honours excellence in construction industry. This year, awards were held for tenth year in a row and presented trophies to fastest growing and the largest companies in construction, construction material manufacturing and construction equipment. The Construction World Woman of the Year and a Top International Contractors in India Awards were highlights: Vinita Singhania, MD of JK Lakshmi Cement won the former, while Dongfang Electric, Leighton and Shimizu received the latter. National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) was honoured for 50 years of its fruitful service to its sector.
- Fastest Growing Equipment Company (Allied Equipment) -Mcnally Bharat Engg Co
- Largest & Most Profitable Construction Company -Larsen & Toubro
- Fastest Growing Construction Company (MediumCategory) -Supreme Infrastructure
- Fastest Growing Construction Company (Large Category) -Ramky Infrastructure
- Top International Contractors in India -Dongfang Electric Corporation, Leighton Holdings, Shimizu Corporation
- Top 10 Most Admired Companies in India -Afcons Infrastructure, Gammon India, HCC, Engineers India, Essar Projects, L&T, Nagarjuna, Punj Lloyd, Reliance Infrastructure, Tata Projects