CESC is India's first fully integrated electrical utility company and it has been on an epic ride ever since 1899 in generating and distributing power in Kolkata and Howrah. It has a private participation in generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power. Rather it is the sole distributor of electricity within an area of 567 sq km of Kolkata and Howrah and serves 2.9 million consumers, which include domestic, industrial and commercial users. It owns and operates three thermal power plants generating 1,125 MW of power. These are Budge Budge Generating Station (750 MW), Southern Generating Station (135 MW) and Titagarh Generating Station (240 MW). From its three generating stations, it accomplishes 88 per cent of its customer's electricity requirement and remaining 12 per cent is achieved by the purchase of electricity from third parties. More than 5 per cent of coal is sourced from captive mines for the generation of electricity in the company's generating stations. It also owns and operates the Transmission & Distribution System through which it supplies electricity to the consumers. This system comprises of 474 km circuit of transmission lines linking the company's generating and receiving stations with 105 distribution stations; 8,211 circuit km of HT lines further linking distribution stations with LT substations, large industrial consumers and 12,269 circuit km of LT lines connecting the LT substations to LT consumers.
Highlights of the company operations:
- Distributing power to the city of Kolkata and its adjoining areas.
- Engaged in coal mining, generation and distribution of electricity.
- Almost entire energy requirement met from own or subsidiary's generation, meeting peak demand of 2,150+ MW.
- CESC Regulated Business- 1,125 MW generation, 567 sq km, 3.2 million consumers.
- Budge Budge Generating Station amongst the top performing power plants in the country.
In terms of innovation, the following steps were taken by the company:
- Integrated SS at new cossipore with 220, 132 and 33 kV GIS.
-Underground 132 kV SS at Quest Mall.
- Unlocking customer engagement with digital platform.
- AMI with approximately 25,000 smart meters.
- 1.5 MW demand response project with both demand side management and DER integration.
- In renewable energy as well, it is one of the best portfolios in terms of tariff and returns.
- CESC is one of the first IPPs to enter the wind sector and amongst the top 10-15 companies.
CESC clearly indicates that change is the only constant. Since its inception, more than a century ago, the company has adapted new technology with ease. It is the consistent innovation in its practices that makes CESC one of the most innovative companies in the thermal power generation segment.
I wish to start pvc / pp electric wire unit in Delhi. What kind of information I can get if I subscribe for your magazine
Pls invite me all auction in gujarat
we are doing business developing for solar power ,thermal power , customer supporting and we have 45 mw splar power on hand needs investors.....
pls call +910842559230